Monday, November 10, 2014

MY STORY PART 2 BY LEE CHONG WEI

Part 2 of Worldwide Exclusive

Having shared his thoughts last Saturday, world number 1 Lee Chong Wei now shares on how he is coping with the entire episode with Satwant Singh Dhaliwal.

In this second exclusive interview, Chong Wei reveals his appreciation to fans and media and also to those helping him in these trying times.

Kindly note that I neither work nor am employed by Chong Wei but am a close friend since 2000. We share conversations and I have his permission to write these articles.

Lee Chong Wei is handling all the pressure the best way he can. By hitting the courts and working it off.

Resigned to the fact that he needs to allow the experts compile his case against the doping allegation, the World Number 1 has not allowed the episode to affect him physically.

"I am back on the court training and also do my physical conditioning daily as life has to go on as I await the decision made by BWF," said Chong Wei.

"It has been more then a month since this episode began and I have decided to concentrate on training and maintain my fitness level.

"I am truly grateful to all the messages of support and also thank the media for respecting my wish for privacy.

"Hence I am training at a private facility and my friends help spar with me in order to keep me company.

"I guess with my provisional suspension it's the best arrangement that I stay away from the national training centre."

Chong Wei reiterated his confidence in Sports Minister Khairy Jamaluddin to help overcome this episode.

"At times I ask myself how this could happen to me given the fact that I am very careful with what I consume," added Chong Wei.

"My focus now is on saving my playing career and towards that I leave my fate in the hands of the experts to help prepare my case.

"It is an emotional roller coaster but as I said the best therapy for me is hitting the shuttle on the court."

Chong Wei added that he was hoping for a positive outcome.

"As I said before I have done nothing wrong and I maintain my innocence," he added.

"Thus its best that I do what I do best - get back on to the court and train and hope things work out for the best."


Note: No part of this article is to be reproduced either in parts or in writing without the written permission of the author Satwant Singh Dhaliwal. Kindly credit the blog should permission be granted in writing.